Young Talents Exhibitions (15-30 years old)
361° – Espace d’Art Contemporain organizes every year since 2016 exhibitions in visual and fine arts in order to support young artists in their passion, projects, vocation… : from the set up to the opening, including choosing the right words to define one’s approach, welcoming the visitors, setting a price (…), all these stages are important to learn and/or develop the experience of presenting one’s artwork to the public.
The Young Talents’ exhibitions are programmed on three sessions i.e. 3 groups of artists : in January, February and March each year. Rewards in 3 categories are given in the framework of each session and are based on the public’s appreciation in terms of quality, originality and recycl’Art.
The professional artists, members of the association, furthermore interact with the young talents throughout their exhibition.
« We have all gone through the beginning of the artistic adventure, the hesitations, the doubts, the wish of going further, of trying, and we therefore want to encourage, to accompany, to provide a springboard to the young artists whose talents, ideas and risks are obvious and promising ».
Liselotte Andersen, President of the association & plastic artist.
What is this exhibition about more precisely ?
It is an invitation to take part in a 3 weeks’ visual and fine Arts exhibition in a gallery with Artists from France and other countries. The first edition took place in January and February 2016 and gathered 35 young artists aged between 15 and 30 from Europe, North America, Africa and Central Asia.
Every year, an exhibition is programmed in January, another in February and the last in March.
3 pieces of Artwork in 3 categories are furthermore rewarded each month.
Why this proposal ?
One of the missions of 361° – Contemporary Art Space is to support young talents by guiding them in their artistic approach.
Our Gallery offers them, as springboard towards their future and individual artistic projects, to benefit from :
– the Gallery as showroom located in the heart of Aix-en-Provence, “City of water – City of Arts”, in the central district of the restaurants ;
– contacts with professional artists : the 361° Contemporary Art Space counts around 100 members in various disciplines ;
– the growing network of young talents fostering exchanges, sharing and the creation of common projects ;
– the communication actions and tools implemented by the gallery and that are a contribution to the young talents’ visibility ;
– the possibility to sell the Artwork during the exhibition which thus represents a potential source of revenue (no commission on the sales) ;
What are the conditions to apply ?
– to be aged between 15 and 30 ;
– to present some Artwork in 2D (drawings, paintings, comics, photographies, etchings, urban art, audio-visuals…) and/or 3D (sculptures, installations, 3D animations, film, design,…)
– it is not an obligation to travel to Aix-en-Provence, it depends on the possibilities and availability of each participant : the artwork can be sent to the gallery which will send it back at the end of the exhibition (at the charge of the participant).
– to become a member of the association (30€ for the year 2020) and to contribute to the operating costs of the association (65€).
To apply, please send the following documents by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :
– 3 pictures of your Artwork ;
– a short text explaining your work / approach to Art ;
– the link to your webpage and/or Facebook (if available) ;
– the subscription form (download it here):